*** This Week Through Your Eyes 2020.07.11 ***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
fireplace33
fireplace33 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,934
Re: Animal AF

yyr wrote:

G Dickson wrote:

yyr wrote:

A gorgeous boy. I guess there wasn't enough contrast in the scene for the G( to pick him out.

Could well be. Previously with African Wild Dogs front lit the animal AF worked pretty well. Yep, beautiful young male in his prime. He may well be the father of four cubs that were born a few weeks back. So utterly content with his place in the pecking order for now - such that he just sleeps alone and doesn't bat an eyelid when a bunch of jabbering techno monkeys (i.e. us) roll up in a car. From his face he has faced a few battles. Male lions do not have an easy life at all. But there is nothing more impressive than one in his middle aged prime with a mane and a pride and not very much to fear. Apart from us humans.... And taking down buffalos which is inherently super risky but pays off in terms of feasting for the family.

A ridiculous reaction I know but when I saw him I felt like asking him if he'd like a zoom groom. Maybe it's because I did all three of my cats today (they love the little rubber brush) and he looks like a contented boy who'd roll over for a tummy tickle.

I bet he would have liked that. A nice groom before his fresh meat dinner

-- hide signature --

Yaelle
--------

-- hide signature --

www.fireplace-photography.com

fireplace33's gear list:fireplace33's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 Canon PowerShot G15 Sony RX100 VI +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow