Best digital Pentax camera

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
jf_tea Senior Member • Posts: 1,466
Pentax is and will be a survivor :)

gnath11 wrote:

K-5 followed by K-3. Now both sold and I do not shoot Pentax anymore. With Olympus out of camera business, I sadly feel that Pentax maybe the next to quit.

Pentax might have an even smaller share of the market compared to Olympus, but, at least Pentax has not scattered its efforts on both high end (EM1X and most PRO lenses) and low end (selfie enabled EPL* -- though they sell well in Asia).

Pentax has had relatively nice success with the K1. The K1 has enabled long time Pentax users to mount their FA Limited on a FF DSLR. That is quite an accomplishment !

Not only that, many collectors of old Pentax or M42 Takumar lenses are buying the K1 precisely because of its legacy Pentax mount. OTOH, I think the new DFA lenses are too expensive... but I don't even own a K1, so my opinion does not matter

Pentax (Ricoh) just has to be careful about the expenses for the Pentax line of products, and, it will weather the "ILC camera crisis" (*) better than Nikon even, perhaps.

(*) DARK HUMOR: Eventually there will be a mega-hack of the "cloud" and 99.9% of smartphone users wil loose all their snaphots... and they will regret not having a real camera, with a SD card

-- hide signature --

-JF

jf_tea's gear list:jf_tea's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Olympus E-M1 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
PDL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow