Best Drone for Photography Mainly

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
SafariBob
SafariBob Senior Member • Posts: 1,968
Re: Best Drone for Photography Mainly

MarcoE wrote:

mmarian wrote:

It might happen one day...But at this point in time we can only dream about that. And since we are allowed to, I wished Mavic had a FF sensor camera🙂

When can we expect the Mavic Pro 3 ? I’m about to step into drone photgraphy besides shooting with my sony a7r3 for landscapes, An improved hasselblad sensor on the next generation would be nice.

It seems DJI has stepped into the abyss. Both the mavic mini and the mavic air 2 were disappointments. It seems skydio, Autel etc, have picked up the gauntlet. The only feature dji retains the lead on is obstacle avoidance while flown manually.

will there be a pro 3, certainly, what will be the specs? Who knows. Similar to pro 2 but with a better lens and video seems likely. One can hope for zoom and 1 inch in one, but I guess not.

the cadence of dji releases has also ground to such a halt that there is no telling when it might arrive

SafariBob's gear list:SafariBob's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow