Best Drone for Photography Mainly

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
h1pst3r88 Regular Member • Posts: 417
Re: Best Drone for Photography Mainly

MarcoE wrote:

When can we expect the Mavic Pro 3 ? I’m about to step into drone photgraphy besides shooting with my sony a7r3 for landscapes, An improved hasselblad sensor on the next generation would be nice.

[ Just typed this and see that MMarian said basically the exact same thing ]

I have the M2P -- the "Hasselblad" sensor is not a Hasselblad at all, it's Sony's incredibly well-respected 20mp 1"-type sensor as found in the RX100vii and RX10iv (the latter of which I own along with a Sony A7iii).

The Hasselblad contribution is in the color processing not the sensor design or manufacturing. I highly doubt that a M3P would use a different or Hasselblad-made sensor -- there's really just nothing else out there in the market -- which is why many other manufactures use the same Sony sensor.

I think it's more likely that a M3P would instead bring better processing, 8k video (without the highly criticized 4k video line skipping in the M2P), and some of the higher resolution photo modes that we're seeing from the newest Mavic offerings.

However, imagine if DJI bought the now flatlined Olympus like they did the struggling Hasselblad! That could mean bringing phenomenal micro four thirds sensors (like the Inspire) and amazing options for glass. The problem with this is that the Mavic line is too small and heat is already too much for the M2P -- which is why they crippled the 4k video with line skipping in the first place.

I use my M2P almost exclusively for aerial photography and for that it's really a ground-breaking aerial camera -- like a flying RX100vii. Compared to my Typhoon H and Karma with Hero7 Black, the photos are in a different league.

-Chris

-- hide signature --

All Description is necessarily selective

h1pst3r88's gear list:h1pst3r88's gear list
Leica X Vario Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Sony RX10 IV Leica SL (Typ 601) Sony a7 III +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow