Nikon 120-300MM F/2.8 Zoom Lens

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
PerfectPoms
PerfectPoms Senior Member • Posts: 2,208
Re: Nikon 120-300MM F/2.8 Zoom Lens

The 200 f2 is SO heavy for its size.  I used to have fun handing it to unsuspecting people who walked by while I was taking photos of my puppies, and I loved how they were shocked at the weight of the thing.

But I'm STILL peeved at the (_+*(& twit who was walking past me one day, and she was looking at my puppies and not watching where she was stepping, and she stepped on the hood of my 200 f2 that was close to my feet.  The (&*&)(   &_)_*(^&  *(&&()  just kept walking without any apology or acknowledgement that she'd just bent the aluminum lens hood that costs around $600 American to replace.  The lens hood alone on that rare beast costs more than many entire decent lenses.

I never did manage to completely bend that hood 100% back into round before I sold the lens.  (I miss it - but I found the 70-200 e fl much more versatile.)

-- hide signature --
 PerfectPoms's gear list:PerfectPoms's gear list
Nikon AF-S 180-400mm F4E TC1.4 Nikon D2Hs Nikon D2X Nikon D300 Nikon D4 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow