Anyone else going to wait for 5D Mark V

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DotCom Editor Veteran Member • Posts: 7,604
Re: Wait for 5D5 — count me in

Mika Y. wrote:

RogerZoul wrote:

Your bullet #4 is just incorrect. What you see in the r5 was perfected in the 1DX3 and it actually an iteration beyond that camera since it now gives you coverage 100% in both directions. The r5 and r6 are fully mature cameras as much as the 5D4 was and will ever be. I certainly am not replacing my EF glass either, but Canon is not even trying to force

Isn't it a bit early to state this, until there are reviews about the actual finished product rather than pre-release versions of the camera as well as experiences from actual end users like us?

I do personally think R5 and R6 are unlikely to have major quirks and are likely viable successors for the 5D and 6D series, but I wouldn't be completely surprised to find out there are some non-trivial issues/bugs that need to be addressed.

In 1889, Charles H. Duell was the Commissioner of US patent office. He is widely quoted as having stated that the patent office would soon shrink in size, and eventually close, because, “Everything that can be invented has been invented.”

Similarly, anyone who believes the R5 is as finished as finished can be, and that we will never need an R5 Mark II (or Mark III) is likely mistaken.

DotCom Editor's gear list:DotCom Editor's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
tko
Yxa
EG
EG
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow