*** This Week Through Your Eyes 2020.07.11 ***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Steve Monks
Steve Monks Contributing Member • Posts: 770
Brinscall Woods and the Murky Moors

If you follow The Goit North from White Coppice you eventually reach the Wheelton Plantation just South of Brinscall and this is where I found myself on Wednesday night around teatime, just exploring the unfamiliar woods with my camera.
Eventually I exited the woods onto Wheelton Moor, planning to head up to Great Hill and then back down to White Coppice where I'd started, but within minutes of leaving the shelter of the woods behind the wind picked up and it began raining quite heavily. Normally I'd be prepared for this, but my jacket on this occasion could best be described as showerproof and at this point I'm currently unsure of just how good the weather resistance of the Z7 is, so I abandoned my original plan and instead trudged across the barren moors and went straight back down to White Coppice.

All images taken with the Z7 + 24-70 f/4.0 and edited from single raw files with Capture One Pro 12. These are all full res images.

#1 - a path in the woods. Having to bump the ISO up here much more than I'm usually comfortable with to get acceptable hand held results, but it's still looking pretty clean to me.

#2 - mossy undergrowth.

#3 - there are lots of long forgotten remnants of buildings and walls in these woods, making them a great place to explore.

#4 - exiting onto Wheelton Moor by the remains of Liptrot's Farm.

#5 - a lone tree at Liptrot's Farm.  The dullness in these images pretty accurately reflects the conditions.

#6 - a lone tree on Wheelton Moor.

#7 - looking back through the rain to Great Hill from Coppice Stile Farm.

Steve Monks's gear list:Steve Monks's gear list
Nikon D810 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon Z7 Fujifilm X-T3 Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow