How do you cope with Reds in colour Anaglyphs, please?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
OP tony brown Veteran Member • Posts: 4,260
Re: How do you cope with Reds in colour Anaglyphs, please?

3D Gunner wrote:

I suppose that you wants to see red object as "be red" inside anaglyphs.
To see full colors anagliphs, the best solution is ColorCode 3-D or something similar.

Have found a supplier of ColorCode 3D Glasses in UK so will order them and have a play and see how much better they are for the purpose.

I thought I would only play with Anaglyphs for a couple of weeks but have become fascinated with them. When out with the camera, I only think in 3D terms now. At least it distinguished from SmartPhone pictures (at least for now). My pictures use the Cha-Cha method and i really like the mental input to them - like old-time photography! i started in 1948 and have recently had a couple of years using 120 film, 1950s, folding cameras for nostalgic fun. However, for the Anaglyphs, I use a full frame digital with 28-135mm zoom. Discovered that using the lens stabiliser produced 'pools' of distortion between my two stereo shots so only use it with stabilising off.

Another solution is to use some custom 3D glasses with Red filter and a custom Blue filter. In this case, the anaglyphs must be tuned toward warm colors.

Thanks for your reply. I am interested to see the effects of ColorCode 3D specs. If it is a big improvement, might have to make the change, dish out CC 3D specs and rework my previous images!

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Tony.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Turbguy1
MOD Turbguy1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow