*** This Week Through Your Eyes 2020.07.11 ***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
NCV
NCV Forum Pro • Posts: 11,059
Saint or Sinner.

My local dealer updates his site every day, with mostly the latest SH gear.

Last week, there was a nice Nikon 16mm Fisheye and the new Z 24-200, which was the main reason for my change to Nikon Z. I wanted a new one lens hiking solution. It was a bad day for my bank balance.

New, recently released gear seems to come with all sorts of problems. DXO does not have the lens profiles yet for the 24-200 and I had to update the firmware in my Z7 to get the lens working properly.

I had to download NX-D and capture One Nikon Express to try and get the best out of the lens. DXO makes a reasonable file if you make some adjustments manually.

I managed to find a couple of hours around a work appointment to give the 24-200 a test run. I have not yet tried the 16mm fisheye

These are mostly DXO conversions ( I have not mastered the other two programs yet) and may have a few optical defects, that are the fault of not getting the software side running properly. It looks like a very sharp high contrast lens from my first experiments.

The first shots were taken in Cavriago where one of the last remaining statues of Lenin still standing in Europe. The italian's do no do statue toppling. They got this sort of idiocy out of their system with Girolamo Savonarola and his "Bonfire of the Vanities" in 1497.

The other shots are were taken in the hills above Reggio and in Reggio

Canossa wide

From the same spot.

Mud volcano Regnano

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon Z7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow