*** This Week Through Your Eyes 2020.07.11 ***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
fireplace33
fireplace33 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,902
The wild water at the Kitzlochklam Ravine

Last weekend my wife and I went to Taxenbach in Austria and visited the amazing ravine at Kitzlochklam.
At this time of year it is full of raging white water. I wanted to catch that magical interplay of light and water, as the spray hangs in the air and the sun shines through sometimes handing us a rainbow in the process too. Plenty of opportunity to contrast that light with the darker ravine walls.
Here's a few shots. C&C welcome

First a few shots along the way ,...

On the way up to the "Klam". Normal, detailed water shot with lots of fine drops

or smooth and silky, if you prefer

the long way up

"Welcome to Taxenbach". It's required to wear a protective helmet through the entire ravine

high and dry over the water

And up and over. It's all incredibly loud everywhere in the ravine

looking back down the steps and playing with those perspectives

Now to some of those "Light and Water " shots I refered to at the beginning

here's the light dancing up in the spray between the dark ravine walls

a dancing rainbow , changing continuously above the wafting spray

The masses of powerful dirty water just take everything in its way and crashes it down over the waterfalls. That little rainbow at the bottom adds just a touch a colour.

On the way back a few hours later, as the light had faded the blue colour in the falls became much more prominent. Ideal for those dreamy silky water shots

fireplace33's gear list:fireplace33's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 Canon PowerShot G15 Sony RX100 VI +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow