Fuji X-T4 - which protective screen fits ???

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Makingtrax Contributing Member • Posts: 838
Re: Fuji X-T4 - which protective screen fits ???

yukosteel wrote:

Thanks everyone for quick help and practical details! It's very good that X-T4 has a space for protector screen.

Just to summarize my practical CONS/PROS of using screen protector with few dozen cameras:

CONS:

• Plastic protector screen/film is not as transparent and clear
  • Acrylic protector with bordered adhesive may collect dust under it and damage screen with small particle pressure (had one screen damaged like that)
  • Even tempered glass protector may break from the strong hit and scratch the camera screen with glass edges (experienced that case with two cameras)

PROS:

• Modern oleophobic protectors making it easier to wipe out humid/fat left after touching it with face while using EVF
  • Matte plastic film can be anti-reflective for more clear view under bright light
  • Extra level of protection form big dents and scratches I've got on protectors, and don't want to get on screen surface
  • Easier to sell my unused gear with clear screen comparing to damaged one

Think those 'cons' are reaching to be fair:-) The first thing I do when I get a new camera is fit a protector and then forget it. Never noticed any drop in brightness, but that's anecdotal evidence. If you wear a jacket with an exposed zip or any metal studs, scratches can easily happen.

So cheap, so easy to fix without bubbles, doesn't affect the camera usage. It's a no brainer.

-- hide signature --

Steve

Makingtrax's gear list:Makingtrax's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow