Maybe have to rethink a bit

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Thylacine New Member • Posts: 4
Re: Maybe have to rethink a bit

My 10 year-old iMac processes my K-1 RAW files quite well – not as quickly as a contemporary Mac or Windows PC might do, admittedly, but still acceptably fast – so I don't see that the majority of users would be badly affected by the size of the K-1's files. Storage is another matter, but, as pointed out, it's pretty cheap to add quite a bit now, and you should be backing up files to a new drive every few years.

On the other hand, I can see the point in having a smaller MP count sensor, if you're needing even better low-light or dynamic range performance than the K-1 already provides. Personally, I'm still looking for those situations in my own work.

Finally, if you want small, lightweight optics, those are still provided for both K-mount formats. I don't really think there's a need for their replacement just yet, but even so, a refresh of the FA35/2.0 recently shows what can be done, and probably will be, more so in future though, possibly commencing with the FA Limiteds.

Thylacine's gear list:Thylacine's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Pentax K-1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow