* The Weekly Image Thread 20 07 09 #451 *

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
Olyinaz Veteran Member • Posts: 7,941
Re: Old Pictures

Rich Z wrote:

My last hot rod, a Celica GT S type, the last rear drive Celica. Toyota added the fender flares to allow the huge and wide tires on the 8 inch wide wheels. They also added their straight 6 engine, 5 speed stick and elegant fully independent suspension to make it fast in any direction. I miss the sunroof and wonderful Recaro seats most of all.

I had the Supra version of that car - same color. LOVED it - one of the best cars I've ever owned. Had those seats also - the most comfortable I've ever had.

Now Rich what we have here is possibly a "farbee". Do you know what a farbee is? It's anything that needs to be preceded with "far be it from me...". 😆 So...far be it from me to question your rememberation, but the Celica GT-S had the 4 cylinder engine and hence the shorter front end. If you wanted the straight six you had to go to the Celica Supra which I had. Not that I'm better than you. But I did have the Supra...and I'm a Norsk...so... ðŸĪŠ

1984 Toyota Celica Supra

Logging Douglas fir where there are no roads capable of log truck traffic.

When a Sikorsky Skycrane just won't do get yourself a Boeing Chinook.

What we have here is farbee #2. Far be it from me to sound like a smarty pants, but...that is a Sea Knight helibeater (CH-46) vs. the larger and more Army (better) Chinook CH-47. The Sky Crain is also Army. Better. 😁

Now THAT looks familiar!

These pictures tell me that I definitely do not need a new camera, but I really do need some of Andrew's Retail Therapy. The M1.3 has more new bells and whistles than the M1.2 to occupy me and divert me from this slow-motion train wreck now just beginning to happen even way out here in the provinces. So, I'll likely end up with the M1.3

Me too. For the same reason.

Yes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but it is the train.

2500 of my fellow pilots got the ax yesterday. Train just ran them right over.

That's enough. Rich

And plenty good they were! Fun!!

Oly

Olyinaz's gear list:Olyinaz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS 77D Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AVG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow