Anyone else going to wait for 5D Mark V

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Tannin Senior Member • Posts: 1,367
Re: I don't think there will be a 5DV

hotdog321 wrote:

with the intense competition, shrinking camera market ... I don't think we'll see a 5D V, darn it.

All the more reason to release a product which will sell to people who otherwise would not buy anything. That is Business 101. When you discover a potential market, fill it.

There are thousands and thousands of photographers happy to spend up on new model SLRs, but unimpressed by the mirrorless stuff, especially the viewfinders, which suck.

I am just one of many: I'll happily buy a 5D V, and if they do one I'll buy a 7D III as well, but if all Canon can offer me is more and more mirrorless stuff, I'll spend the money elsewhere. Home improvements, musical instruments, travel (yes, we can travel here, we are Covid-free), maybe time to start thinking about upgrading my car ....

Canon can't just assume they will get my dollar. And if they don't make an appealing product, they won't get it.

Tannin's gear list:Tannin's gear list
Canon G9 X II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
tko
Yxa
EG
EG
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow