M5 or M50?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
WT21 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,307
M5 or M50?

I am moving systems (back) to Canon. I'm going with the RP as my main system, but would like a smaller complimentary system. The M line looks pretty good, and I don't care at all about the doomers. I'm coming off m43, so what's the difference, lol. I just want to have controls in my big body and smaller body that are at least similar.

Looking at the bodies, I'm thinking likely either the M5 or M50. Maybe the M200. I'll likely only be using two lenses - M22 and the M55-200 as a travel kit.

What's the real-world difference between the 5 and the 50? I don't care about 4K - 1080 is fine, and I don't do a lot of video anyway. I do like to share to my phone. And like good AF, but it will be mainly for static shots, not action or anything like that. I like the dual dials of the M5, but do I lose anything in: AF, colors, DR or noise?

Thanks for any help

WT21's gear list:WT21's gear list
Panasonic G85 Canon EOS RP Panasonic 100-300mm F4-5.6 II Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +2 more
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow