* The Weekly Image Thread 20 07 09 #451 *

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
WhyNot
WhyNot Veteran Member • Posts: 9,342
Re: Week @ Home – Birds

Rich Z wrote:

Nice pictures, WhyNot. Huntsville had a parade? Oh dear. Rich

Thanks for stopping by, Rich … Yes we had a parade and if you looked in on the 4th I posted a picture of our neighborhood parade of children and parents, made safe by our local police who watch over the parade … However, I guess there were several barbecues and other gatherings as we have minor spike in CV cases in the city this week ,,, A mask ordinance has been ordered by the county but higher management at all levels seem to be missing and some who live elsewhere are cheering on the parties , I guess … This concept of going for herd immunity seems to ignore our ignorance of the long term ramifications – we may not get immunity from a second infection (Spain info seems to indicate this could be the case. ) and we really don't know about long term and persistent effects resulting from having this virus …. So I'm still sheltering in place (avoiding humans and most pets) but as the numbers around me continue to grow and our goal is not to contain I may have to either commit myself to solitary confinement or play the probabilities more loosely ….

Stay well ...

WhyNot

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AVG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow