* The Weekly Image Thread 20 07 09 #451 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 36,961
Re: Old Pictures

A nice set Rich.  I would love to have owned an E-type, 6 cylinder, but also a Vette of late 50's or very early 60's vintage.  Neither happened.  Should have bought the disassembled Cobra (a real one) for $14 000.  It would not have been as pretty as the Jag though.

Great image of the wasp.  Looking at images of children now grown is aging.  While going through a few boxes of the slides I came across images of our kids at various stages of growth.  Kind of adds even more impact to what you see when you look in the mirror.

This whole mess is getting old and not about to go away.  The grandkids have been out of school now since the first week in March.  Nothing is settled about what happens in September.  The two boys' hockey seasons may be in danger of of not happening.  Local beaches are mobbed on the weekends by out of area types coming to use them (no social distancing possible given the numbers).  We are in the midst of what for us is a heat wave.  Was 36 C (97 F) with high humidity yesterday and there has been no significant rainfall in about the past month.  I don't even want to go outside and take images of the day lilies which are now in bloom.  Too hot to go to the botanical gardens as well.  We took an overnight trip this week but it was really too hot to enjoy being out and about.  On the plus side, NF was deserted.  I did not take the Laowa out of the bag, but I should have.  I found out that carrying the bag with a battery and three small light lenses (no camera) for an hour caused shoulder/neck pain.  After carrying the camera with the 12 - 100 in hand for a three hours my wrist was sore.  The joys of aging, but still better than not!

I am not all that social so this is not bothering me as much as likely most people.  My wife on the other hand is so she is itching to be able to go out and be with friends.  With the bathroom reno underway now we went into Lowes on the way home from the trip to check out a product or two.  Today we find out that one of the employees there has tested positive since then.  We did not really have any contact with anyone but it still causes concern.

'I read the news today, oh boy!'

Best not to, nothing good can come of it!  Even retail therapy does not help.  I have been playing Candy Crush Friends.  A real time waster but it is fairly mindless.  Now at level 2762 with no one in my cluster ahead of me.  I should read some books instead.  I have no shortage of unread ones lying about.

Stay well Rich and out of harm's way.

Andrew

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AVG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow