So...What's wrong with the R5?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ilumo Regular Member • Posts: 220
Re: So...What's wrong with the R5?

H2ODoctor wrote:

I second the view no GPS. I understand it affects battery when on; however, it is a very useful feature. I use it on both my 7D2 and 5D4.That

that’s unfortunate if they do not have gps. That was a huge negative of mine when I jumped from a 5d4 to the Sony a7r4. Also I hope they improved the WiFi control. They 5d4 had a clunky interface when doing self/family portraits with the phone app. 
as for battery performance, can you plug in a usb battery pack to charge on the go? I can do that with the a7r4 and it’s super helpful. 
curious how the dr compares to Sony. And how the af is. If it’s anything like the 1dx3 then it will be pretty amazing. 
I personally was looking at this camera as a gateway back to canon but it seems very focused on video which does not interest me. The pricing is not that bad for what it is and less than what I thought it would be. That said the street prices do need to come down for it to be more competitive with a7r4 which I see as the main competitor) prices.

ilumo's gear list:ilumo's gear list
Sony a7R IV Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow