* The Weekly Image Thread 20 07 09 #451 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
EZGritz
EZGritz Senior Member • Posts: 2,478
Re: Still Life In The Garage.

Haha, funny story. I lived in Nashville for three years. They had a successful Jag dealer there.

My friend Dick is a past president of the regional RR club. He shipped his 1924 Bentley all over the country to go on drives in it with his wife. An open car, they drove it in any weather, cold, wet, snow. Never mattered. They put on the fur-lined leathers and went!

I thought I was a tough Cobra driver. I'm a wimp compared to them!

Dick's buddy is a British car ace mechanic, rebuilt English cars for him. Grew up in England, lives in Portland, Or. near Dick. His blue Jag in photos below. He showed me how things work on Rolls Royces and Bentleys of the 1920s and 1930s. Definitely different. Seems convoluted compared with modern tech - even 1960's tech. Depends on your point of view. In the 20's and 30's Bently was brilliant, world-beating.

Dicks famous car at a hill climb. Known as #3

And Walt in his car, same event

They drive to this event, run up the hill in Goldendale, Washington for two days, drive home.

Dick drives from Portland. Walt drives down from north of Seattle.

EZGritz's gear list:EZGritz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AVG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow