R5/R6 EVF performance?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
RDM5546 Senior Member • Posts: 1,300
Re: R5/R6 EVF performance?

gavin wrote:

Why the rush? I plan to rent one to test it as I am also concerned about EVF. It also worries me that the 120Hz sucks up so much power.

I think you should cautious with the concerns that you express. In my case, I want to start using seriously if I can in late August and time is short.  I do not have single concern about battery life.   I do have the EOS R and it certainly uses more than the EOS 5D does.  My EOS R is not perfect but is does get focus right for more keepers  the the 5D does and the R5 will track better despite it being not perfect.  I will not let perfect get in the way of good so I will to carry more batteries if necessary.   The R5 is not first or even the fifth Canon camera I have bought.   Canon cameras have continued to improve a lot in the past 30 years and this upgrade I know will be a big one for autofocus and action shooting but battery life is most certainly a candidate for getting worse..

Hopefully, it will not even be the last one but expect it to be great and it work will all may lenses which seem have a longer useful life.

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +29 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow