Castle, Church, Comet

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
bmike
OP bmike Senior Member • Posts: 2,133
Re: Castle, Church, Comet

Lan wrote:

That's a cracking shot bmike! You've captured the comet really well, and the foreground is excellent too. I'd hang that one on the wall

I had a look for the comet myself this evening, but unfortunately it was 100% overcast and (as an added bonus) it was raining too. Hopefully I'll see it at the weekend, although the light pollution here is really bad.

I still remember going down to Devon on business when Comet Hale-Bopp was visible. I hadn't seen it at all, which perplexed my colleagues in Totnes, who had seen it every night. It was completely invisible here, but clearly visible to the naked eye in Devon, it's remarkable what a difference light pollution makes to the night sky!

Similarly the first time I saw satellites was when I was in the interior of Australia; again they were clearly visible in the deep dark of the outback. They were completely invisible in my normal suburban environment...

Thank you! 
We live in a Kanton with a couple million people - so we do not have the best skies either. Hopefully you will get to see it.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow