* The Weekly Image Thread 20 07 06 #450 *

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
Olyinaz Veteran Member • Posts: 7,937
Re: Space Needle

bthomas001 wrote:

To get there, the brilliant Mayor just approved "ADU's" or "Alternate Dwelling Units". A polite way of saying that every single home in Colorado Springs will be allowed to build a "shack out back" to house the current homeowner, so that the main house can be rented out to young people (like Seattle, the dear Mayor loves his Tech savy young folks, has no use for us 'old and in the way' folks).

That's happening everywhere.  "We" collectively built up a society for 50+ years now that does not value the elderly.  When I was a kid growing up in farm country many elderly lived in their final years with family until they died.  Unheard of today.  Nobody takes in Aunt Esther because she's infirm anymore.  TV/Movies have taught the young - who grow up to be the moms and dads - that old folks are fuddy duddies, wrong headed, bigots, stupid, incompetent, etc. etc. etc.   Look at sitcoms, movies, pop culture.  Sorry...hope this doesn't seem like a left vs. right thing - not at all what I intend.  Seems like something we all can agree on.  I look around today and I'm aghast.  Flabbergasted.

Rant over!  Seattle is a beautiful city to visit!  Couldn't pay me to live there!  Literally - it's an option and I told work "no thank you".  🙂  But different strokes for different folks.  VERY pretty place.  I live Vancouver even more - wow what a nice town.   Couldn't pay me to live there either.  🤣

Oly

Olyinaz's gear list:Olyinaz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS 77D Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AVG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow