* The Weekly Image Thread 20 07 09 #451 *

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
EZGritz
EZGritz Senior Member • Posts: 2,437
Re: Moon again

What do we do? Change the name of the Forum to EX-Olympus SLR Talk?

If I remember correctly I stopped the OM 300 f/4.5 down to f/5.6 when I mounted it on the EM1.2 and put the MC20 with it to the lake for those eagle shots I look not too long ago on the osprey pole. I did that because the lens is not sharp at f/4.5 an dI was afraid f/8 would be far.

That worked pretty well at f/11 with the MC20. Surprised me.

If you put an f/11 lens in front of a sensor that performs well when you crank the ISO up f/11 can work. I had a lot of light and didn't have to crank it up that far. Could have used more shutter speed maybe but the images were presentable. I think I used ISO 1600. Can't remember for sure. If you are comfortable with ISO2500 on the Canon you could run a faster shutter than I did on the tripod. Might even be able to handhold them. You do need a lot of light.

EZGritz's gear list:EZGritz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AVG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow