R5/R6 EVF performance?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RDM5546
RDM5546 Senior Member • Posts: 1,352
Re: R5/R6 EVF performance?

The current issue is worse than 5 frames per second and it closer to a honest three frames per second in Servo AF when the camera is set to 5 fps it takes time to do the servo function.

I think the Servo AF processor for tracking is the issue in the EOS R.  The newR5/R6 has has the Digic X processor that replaces the Digic 8 processor in EOS R   The Digic X is in the new 1DX III  which certainly is fast shooting and much faster processing.

Of course I always new the EOS R was no faster than 5 FPS and not an action shooter as good as the EOS 5D or 7D  but I bought one any way.  The EOS R fine camera for many uses I have just not action.

The EVF is still a question.   I have pre-ordered one in blind faith. Is  out respect for Canon gained from being a user for 30 years and specifications as well other information I saw in videos today.    No one said that the EOS was an action shooter, but they have said now the R5 is.  Otherwise 20fps/12fps is nonesense so I have faith that is the R5 is an action shooter.

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +31 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow