* The Weekly Image Thread 20 07 09 #451 *

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
Olyinaz Veteran Member • Posts: 7,941
Re: Moon again

19andrew47 wrote:

A good result Oly. With the Canon announcement on the side bar regarding their new RF 600 mm and 800 mm f/11 lenses it will be interesting to see how they review. Adapting them for use on m4/3 would be a lost cause though being f/11! The R5 looks interesting but it will be obscenely expensive here based on the pricing I am seeing.

Andrew

Yeah the F/11 thing kind of amazes me.  I could see f/8, but f/11?  Egads... Bear in mind those are not EF lenses so I don't think adapting them is an option at all.  That R5 looks real nice, and the look at the viewfinder on the R6 - wow!  But the price - a real sock in the gut.

I'm wondering what the Fuji XT-4 will look like in a few years time (XT-5 etc.) because it just keeps getting better.  More my speed.  Fuji sells a nice long lens for that thing too and unlike the Panasonic 100-400mm it's supposed to be quite sharp at the long end.

Canon is coming on strong however.  I'm watching...plotting...scheming.... 

Oly

Olyinaz's gear list:Olyinaz's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Canon EOS 77D Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AVG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow