So...What's wrong with the R5?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
PGSanta Regular Member • Posts: 441
Re: What should the price be?

CarlosMart wrote:

Price seems fine to me considering all it does and being a 5 level camera. It's expensive, not overpriced.

I currently own 2x R cameras and plan to sell one to buy either a R6 or R5. Since I do a lot of landscape and macro, plus some RF L primes (no IS), I think the R5 will be better for me due to higher resolution. But I also do a lot of events... so it's going to be a hard decision.

I own an R, and I'm primarily a landscape/cityscape/architecture guy; occasionally I'll do a portrait shoot or two.  It's a hobby for me.

I'm torn between buying the 5, or waiting think out until the rumored high MP camera comes out, as I think that would be the best product for what I like to shoot.

The 5 seems like the jack of all trades body, and seems like it would out perform the 6 in even an event situation, as the low light abilities of the 5 and 6 are rumored to be very similar.  As a primary body, I think most events people will be gravitating towards the 5 UNLESS it comes out that it's got significantly better DR (which nobody up to know has hinted at).

PGSanta's gear list:PGSanta's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow