90D logical upgrade path from T2i and these lenses?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
slambubba Forum Member • Posts: 81
90D logical upgrade path from T2i and these lenses?

I've had a Canon T2i guessing for 9 years now and it still works great but of course just doesn't have the features of the newer cameras. I mainly do outdoor photography like landscapes, macros, and wildlife (some BIF mainly larger birds like Bald Eagles). I did photograph a gravel bike race last fall which was fun but definitely a learning experience. The mirrorless cameras seem to be gaining popularity but I have existing lenses I like for my amateur photography. I know there's an adapter for the M6 Mark II to use EF and EF-S lenses but I'm not sure I want to go that route.

My local camera shop is having their tent sale next week and he said it's their biggest sale of the year even Christmas and they have a 14 day return policy. I'm leaning towards the 90D and looking for advice if that would be a good upgrade or I should look at something else?

These are the lenses I currently own. I know some people say that some older lenses have problems with sharpness with the 90D. If anyone knows if any of these lenses are good to go or have problems please let me know.

Canon EF 50mm 1.8 II

Canon EF-S 10-18mm 4.5 IS STM wide-angle

Canon EF 100mm 2.0 macro

Sigma DG 150-500mm 5.0 APO HSM

Sigma DC 18-250mm 3.5 HSM (walk-around/vacation lens)

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Mike

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow