After watching Canon R5 presentation....

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ProT3ch Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: After watching Canon R5 presentation....

Maxxum Fan wrote:

I doubt it the diameter is smaller than A Mount, I don't think they originally planned for FF, it's just pure luck it barely fits.

I would be really surprised when they designed the E mount they did not think about Full Frame. They were designing a mount for the next 20 years at least. They were probably thinking of all the wild possibilities that might be needed in the future. Even if they thought that using the mount for full frame was not likely they made sure it's big enough that it's possible to make a full frame system with it if they choose to do so.

Also Canon designed the EF-M mount to support Full Frame as well. But when they saw what Nikon will be doing with the Z mount, they decided to go with RF mount instead to not be disadvantaged.

ProT3ch's gear list:ProT3ch's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
C47
C47
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow