R5 Question Regarding RF and EF Lenses

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LesT
LesT Regular Member • Posts: 238
R5 Question Regarding RF and EF Lenses

Just did the pre-order of an R5. My present setup is the 5D Mk IV with all the L's. My go to always has been the 28-300 F4.5 and it increases my arm strength significantly to this day, although I still have alot of fun with the 16-35L.

My question is such that I am wondering how many of the new cameras features are reliant on the newly announced RF lenses and will be lost in the great collection of EF lenses that I cherish. I am curious about how in-body stabilization will work alongside of that of the lenses. Will any of the sensor abilities be lessened focusing through an adapter and EF lens?  Will IBIS work with the EF lenses?  Am I just panisking a bit?

Am I going to find myself having an L lens garage sale and taking out loans for the newer lenses?

Thanks ahead all. Included one of my shots just for the fun of it. One of my track days. I get out there for some fun as well.

LesT's gear list:LesT's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Ricoh Caplio R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow