RF 100-500 where are the doubters now?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 21,169
Re: Right here...

Marco Nero wrote:

lawny13 wrote:

Loads of people complained on here about the f7.1 on the long end of this lens.

To benefit from the new sensors - in order to take advantage of them with f/7.1, you need to buy one of these two new cameras. They made this clear during the presentation. You're not just buying the lens, you HAVE to buy a new camera (EOS R5or R6) to go with it. And these new cameras and this lens don't come cheap. You're looking at many thousands of dollars each.

I've been saying that for weeks. RF lenses will work but the extra 3 pins will make dedicated equipment perform better. How much? I don't know but I decided I'm moving forward. It's going to hurt a bit but that is how it goes.

Others pointed out that it is extra range in still a relatively small package.
During canon's reimagine event it was pointed out that @400 you have f5.6!! So in my book this is better than the EF 100-400. What do you all think???

I think that I can save about $8,799.00 (if I avoid buying a new lens and a new camera) by using my EF 100-400mmL lens with a 1.4x III Extender on my existing cameras - and get even more zoom for the dollars I save. I can then put that money I saved into traveling to new locations to take nicer pictures than if I stayed at home and threw all my money at Canon. Again.

-- hide signature --

I feel even more confident that soon things will have a wonderful conclusion

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jnd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow