Anyone else going to wait for 5D Mark V

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DotCom Editor Veteran Member • Posts: 7,604
Wait for 5D5 — count me in

JamesK wrote:

Came close this morning to jumping on the 5R. Spent about an hour calculating sale price for my Mark III and a few lenses. Fortunately common sense eventually prevailed. I tried the RP and although a nice camera I just could not get used to the “small” form factor. I really like size and feel of a dslr. So patiently going to wait till 4th quarter and hope some announcement from Canon for a Mark V. Happy shooting everyone.

• I am perfectly content with my 5D4 and would be in no rush to replace it.
  • I will wait for the 5D5 and possibly purchase it, but not until at least a year after its introduction and its first permanent price reduction.
  • My guess is that you'll have to wait a lot longer than Q4 2020 to see a 5D5. A debut in the fall of 2022 could be more likely. That means I wouldn't buy one until 2023 or 2024.
  • I will not buy an R5, because I believe the series has at least one more iteration to go before it reaches total maturity. That means possibly another two or three years down the road. I have no facts regarding this, only utter speculation and wild guesswork. Can you say "R5 Mark II?"
  • I'm not replacing my EF glass, so I don't really see much of a benefit in going to a smaller body, other than the higher MP resolution.
 DotCom Editor's gear list:DotCom Editor's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cjb
tko
Yxa
EG
EG
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow