* The Weekly Image Thread 20 07 09 #451 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 36,961
Re: No Filters for Andrew....!

I have never owned an ND filter Bruce. That makes the OMD EM1iii very appealing with its live ND option. That said, either option would require me to carry a tripod and that is something I am unwilling to do. On this trip I left the camera bag in the room after the first outing. It bothers my shoulders and neck now. I have a backpack but is a bother to get stuff in and out of so it is no longer used. I am not sure my aging body can take it either. It was great 14 y ago when filled with much heavier 4/3 gear but time marches on. I have been looking at smaller carbon fiber tripods but I am not sure the additional cost is worth the small difference in weight. I wish I had purchased a CF monopod instead of the aluminum version though for shooting hockey. The CF sucks less heat out of a naked hand than does the metal version!

I like the results using ND filters from time to time and if I thought I could carry a tripod I might get one.

Back in films days I carried a seven lenses, two camera bodies, a flash and other accessories in a Zero Haliburton briefcase type aluminum case and a tripod on hikes through Algonquin Park.  Youth has far fewer limitations!

Andrew

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AVG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow