Forced flash D5300 - Need help

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 26,748
Mode...

Packrat1947 wrote:

You were right, the data says so. So I must have sent the wrong photo.

Just now I sat in the same place about 7 ft. from the feeder. I turned Active D to off and had the flash popped up. I held my finger up near the flash to verify. It did not flash. I took two photos, one focused on the feeder and the other on the shaded post.

So I'm lost. All I want is for it to go off on demand.

I want to thank everyone for their patience.

In this case full EXIF shows Flash mode was "unknown". Make sure you have set a flash mode (use Fill Flash Mode) per page 65 in the manual. You should also see a flash ready indicator in the viewfinder

If memory serves...you can get the flash mode "unknown condition" when the mechanical switch that tells the camera the pop-up is up is faulty or if you cover the flash in a way that the camera can't see the reflected per-flashes from it.

Try again and make sure the flash isn't covered and it's set to one of the flash modes and you are getting the Flash Ready indicator. Also check menu e1 and you are in TTL

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow