This lens has become glued to my camera !

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Vivas7
Vivas7 New Member • Posts: 16
This lens has become glued to my camera !

Since owning this lens which originally purchased of eBay , it has almost become the lens of choice for every day use . I moved from Nikon (DX) about 3 years ago simply that the lenses were smaller and in most cases better , I’ve always felt that opportunity is better served if your not carrying a “ton of stuff “ about , stunts creativity as well .

This became case in point when ,as a window cleaner in the Lake District where I work , I noticed a Hawthorne tree was in flower , they have good years and bad , this was a good year ,with the appearance of fallen snow in the middle of June ! What’s more a white horse was chewing his way around the field ! My Panasonic GX8 with the 14-140mm was in the footwell of the car , already on aperture priority and rattled a few shots off .

Although 400th of a second would not always require IS , sometimes we forget the heavy breathing and subsequent “wobble “ that takes place when the full potential of an image opens before us !

White horse & Hawthorne , Bowness UK . Panasonic GX8, lumix 14-140mm 65mm F 5:6 iso 100 400th sec

Afterwards the horse became a little spooked and became uncooperative,and that was that  .

On reflection given to opportunity of having a DSLR that would have certainly offered better image quality , I would have need a tripod and if not ,great deal more stabilisation required than this much smaller lens of the 14-140. The image captured in this case the settings were 65mm (130mm in 35mm )  F5:6 .ISO 100. 
ive noticed that unlike most  other zooms ,including its predecessor, there is no appreciable fall off in sharpness at the long end . It’s good throughout the range . 
If I’d have had a DSLR I would have certainly missed the shot “ a micro 4/3rds in the hand is worth 2 DSLR’s in the bag !” 
this lens will continue to be glued to my camera.

Vivas7's gear list:Vivas7's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AVG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow