Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
thiefofpresence
OP thiefofpresence Contributing Member • Posts: 862

Mike Fewster wrote:

thiefofpresence wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

thiefofpresence wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

My core lens is the 24 -105. It lives on my camera and meets 75% of my needs. I shoot landscape and street mainly. street when I travel overseas. Landscape travelling mainly 4wd in central Oz but with some hiking.

So did I, but I think with Tamron 28-200 in my kit, I might be trading in the 24-105 because of the overlap and the compromise which I personally find favorable having 200 at a twist of the wrist. (And not a soft long end as in the FE 24-240)

Not for me. When travelling or just general shooting, especially street shooting, I need wider than 28 all the time. I'd go nuts changing lenses if my crossover point was around 28. And I want my main, live on the camera lens to be OSS.

How many street photographers went around shooting with 28mm regularly? Garry Winnograd, Bruce Gilden, a lot I think. That's my reasoning. I am covered taking 28mm street shots with the Tamron, and yet I can probe out into crowds at 200mm.

But its inspiring to hear of someone needing 24mm for street photography. I'd be interested in checking out what you do with 24mm. Of if you know of any street photographers that shoot primarily with 24mm.

Ref the posted shots. Do you often not acknowledge in conversations?

I appreciated the shared images.

And yes I often turn away from social media for days at a time without being able to continuously monitor and respond. You'd simply be amazed how long the list of things are that deserve more attention.

-- hide signature --

https://www.instagram.com/thiefofpresence
A9ii | FE 20/1.8 G; M-Rokkor 28/2.8; FE 35/1.8; Sigma 45/2.8 C; FE 55/1.8; Samyang AF 85/1.4; Sigma 70/2.8 Macro Art | Tamron 28-200; Sigma 14-24/2.8; Sigma 24-70/2.8; Tamron 70-180/2.8; Sony FE 100-400 GM; Sony FE 200-600 G;

thiefofpresence's gear list:thiefofpresence's gear list
Sony a9 II Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sigma 70mm F2.8 DG Macro Art +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow