Olympus OMD EM 5 time to upgrade?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Michael J Davis
Michael J Davis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,624
Re: Olympus OMD EM 5 time to upgrade?

dedmans wrote:

Wow,

Thanks everybody for your comments.

Yes it is still a great camera but as quoted Fn button search is bizarre with older eyes.

There is also the issue of Olympus withdrawing form camera manufacture and if repair is needed in the future, who does it?

I get the message about Pro lenses.

However I must say that Lumix G9 has caught my eye. Mk1 11 or one of those second hand are about £800.

Mine is worth about £200 I suppose.

You've had some good advice already on this thread!

I'm still happy with my EM5, but when I bought a PL100-400 lens some 4 years ago, I found shutter shock problems. I got a Panny GX80/85 which worked well with that, and is smaller and lighter than the EM5. But the viewfinder is not as good, but it has become my go with me camera.

Just be careful about the escalating size of many of the newer cameras. I bought into MFT for convenience, and the main reason I haven't upgraded further is that recent releases from both main manufacturers take me back to camera sizes I was escaping from!!!

Best wishes fro your decision!

Mike

-- hide signature --

Mike Davis
Photographing the public for over 60 years
www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

Michael J Davis's gear list:Michael J Davis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow