R6 leaked article from Nokishita - EVF same as EOS R

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
whumber
whumber Veteran Member • Posts: 3,235
Re: R6 leaked article from Nokishita - EVF same as EOS R

stevvi wrote:

Funny Valentine wrote:

So what's the refresh rate of R5's EVF ? I hope it's 120Hz because if it's only 60Hz it will be useless for wildlife and motion. Refresh rate is always more important than resolution.

At least the R6 has 120Hz. But no mention of the R5's EVF refresh rate. That sounds bad, cripple hammer in the work again.

Also a 4000$ camera with polycarbonate body ?? The R5 better be all magnesium.

As I understand it, I think you're confusing screen refresh rate with the speed at which the sensor/processor combination can update the screen when taking photos. Putting a 120Hz screen on an R will not change what to user sees in the EVF when in burst mode to any meaningful extent when the bottleneck is the sensor and processor.

The EVF panel in the R is already capable of updating at 120Hz, it's likely that the electronics are just not capable of driving it at that speed.

whumber's gear list:whumber's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Jx9
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow