Suggestions for macro/micro lens until native Nikon Z mount lens is available?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Optical1
Optical1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,111
Suggestions for macro/micro lens until native Nikon Z mount lens is available?

Hi all,

I have a baby on the way, and I can’t wait for the Nikon native z mount option.  I’m really just looking for a good lens to do some tight detail shots and I figure a macro lens fits the bill.  This lens will complement the 24-70/2.8 and 50/1.8 lenses that I already have.

While I would prefer autofocus (when using as a close focus non macro lens), it’s not a prerequisite for this purchase.  I’m really looking for a lens to tide me over until the z mount option is available from Nikon.    
So far, I’m considering the Sigma 105/f2.8 HSM lens (f-mount, as I have the adapter), the Nikon 105/2.8G (f-mount) lens, and the Meike 85mm/2.8 lens in z-mount.

I’m okay with spending some money to get a lens with good IQ, but I’m also trying to be somewhat frugal here so I don’t take a bath when I upgrade to the z-mount macro lens.  
Please share with me your suggestions for a good macro lens for this application.

Thanks!

Optical1

Optical1's gear list:Optical1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100 Ricoh GR Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +18 more
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow