Manufacturer with intuitive menus?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 13,733
Re: Manufacturer with intuitive menus?

In case if you hand over a Nikon camera to a Nikon shooter, the problem could be smaller.

However, there might still be issues. E.g. I am a focus - recompose shooting guy for 45+ years, I use single focus point at the center only. When you hand over a camera, despite of the brand/model I am familiar with or not, I might still in a dilemma on whether I should set it to my preference (for best/most efficient result) but have to reset it before hand it back to you, or what...

It could be the same for other who I ask for their help.

Therefore I set up a full automatic Custom mode wishing anyone, nomatter know my camera, or even has no knowledge on using a camera at all, be able to take a picture for me.

It has nothing to do with intuitive design or not. As long as there is a shutter button, a control dial or two, a shooting mode dial to select P/S/A/M, a key for ISO, able to do exposure compensation, can lock AF by half shutter pressing or by BBF, every camera is the same to me. I assume it should be the same for every experience shooter?

YMMV.

-- hide signature --

Albert
** Please feel free to download the original image I posted here and edit it as you like **

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
Bob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow