Re: Not Nikon or Canon

saltydogstudios wrote:

Green Lens Creations wrote:

zxaar wrote:

1. pforsell wrote:

tbcass wrote:

pforsell wrote:

rb61 wrote:

Is there one camera manufacturer that stands out as a leader when it comes to intuitive menus?

Please ignore, if possible, stratospheric priced cameras.

Thanks

Sony is the worst imaginable. They couldn't make a bigger mess even if they tried.

Really? Ten why do I like the Sony menus? Could it be that they aren't really as bad as you say and it's merely your opinion. Have you ever even owned one of the newer Sonys or used one for an extended length of time with an open mind? I bet not. There's a lot of Sony hate out there and the Sony haters love to criticize the menu system when they really know nothing about it.

Does A7M2 or A7RM2 count?

May be you have a special camera. My A7r menu is not random. Pretty much make sense to me.

Don't see them changing so much from m1 to m2 for you to have random menu.

The order of things in the menus is worse than random, imho. Settings that go conceptually together are spattered around in different pages. It would require considerable work and time to make them any worse, if at all possible.

Sony makes great cameras, especially for video. The A7R series is extremely powerful and capable, and g-master glass is excellent. I do think however the design of the cameras will ultimately come back to haunt them in the future

Sony was first with a truly capable mirrorless camera on the market when people were still skeptical. This allowed them to eat up a lot of the quick switchers and get a head start in the industry. While it’s definitely a camera I wouldn’t mind having, it’s not a design I would trust on professional jobs or in situations where settings need to be adjusted often. Yes, anyone can get used to anything, but I think there are better options

I bought the Sony A7 as an inexpensive way to get full frame sensors behind my vintage lenses.

I don't own any Sony lenses - it's just where I park my vintage lenses.

That's quotable.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
Bob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow