Continuous power for BLS powered cameras (in this case the EM10Mk2)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Emsquared Forum Member • Posts: 61
Re: Continuous power for BLS powered cameras (in this case the EM10Mk2)

OutsideTheMatrix wrote:

Emsquared wrote:

If you live in USA, I would not plug anything into a wall socket unless it is UL, ETL, or W-H certified to appropriate standard. Your house insurance company may love it if something expensive happens. And NO, CE or ROHAS or ISO9000 has nothing to do with it. That's what most sketchy sellers will quote if you ask about UL.

Thanks- I just saw a RoHS and didn't know if that was good. What if something has both UL and RoHS? I take it that's fine too- the UL part is what's important?

UL is what counts. RoHS is simply 'Reduction of Hazardous Substances' standard. Meaning they took the lead out of the solder so like most consumer electronics it will die in 3-5 years max from microfractures in the solder joints. Notice stereos from the 60s are still running fine while new routers or bluray players die in a few years?

Emsquared's gear list:Emsquared's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow