Canon's release of 600/800mm f11 lenses PROVES you don't need Cannons!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark Ransom
Mark Ransom Veteran Member • Posts: 7,089
Re: No ...

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

Gary from Seattle wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

i think you miss the point of making smaller, lighter and cheaper prime telephoto lenses for use with their FF mirrorless cameras, i'll wait for the tests to see if they are mediocre or perform the same as any other lens stopped down to f/11, Canon makes loads of different telephoto lenses....get your wallet out and take your pick

Surely, wait for tests. But if fresnel lenses like this were the great future, it would rob sales of their top lenses. There will be a large cost in IQ or in speed and light transmission.

as i and other have said, these lenses sacrifice aperture for size, weight and price....it's obvious

And just as obvious, judging by the replies in this thread, there are some who will never accept that sacrifice.  That's their right, and I hope there continues to be choices for them.

Mark Ransom's gear list:Mark Ransom's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-01 Olympus E-M5 II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow