Manufacturer with intuitive menus?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Green Lens Creations
Green Lens Creations Forum Member • Posts: 56
Re: Manufacturer with intuitive menus?

Nikon makes great glass, but Canon has the 50mm f/1.2 with autofocus (Nikon's is manual focus) and the 85mm f/1.2 - which Nikon doesn't have a version of. I've heard the 85mm f/1.2 described as "the kind of lens that keeps photographers loyal to a brand."

f/1.2 isn't that far from f/1.4 but if you want that extra bit of "not in focus" that only an f/1.2 can give you - Canon is the platform. It's telling that these are among their first R Mount lenses.

Yeah Canon definitely has some great lens options. I think the main advantage with a f/1.2 is the extra half stop of light in dark situations and it gives you an ever so slightly lower “sweet spot” f number. It’s hard for me to justify the price to move from 1.4 to 1.2 though, for me it’s more of an initial investment thing or something to eventually get when you have everything else

I have been a loyal Nikon user and have high hopes for them despite a lot of doubters out there. If you only went by which company is the best based on the newest camera out at the time, we’d all be switching systems every other year. These are all great brands that make great cameras and when you find the company and design that works for you, stick with them. We can spend hours picking apart comparisons zoomed in 200% and see minute differences I color and sharpness, some companies may make a better 24-70 while another may have a better 70-200. Some might offer better video capabilities while others better stills versatility. In the end it’s all technology available in basically any brand. It’s just a matter of what your budget is, what your needs are, and what you need in a single body

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
Bob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow