Reliabilty of m43 mirrorless cameras

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
YWG Contributing Member • Posts: 758
Re: Reliabilty of m43 mirrorless cameras

Adrian Harris wrote:

I now have four m43 cameras that have been seriously overworked from as far back as 2009, the original G1, GX7, GX8 and Em1-mk2.

I have taken about a zillion shots with each, but they have all failed to let me down or break. What should I do ?

Start another Olympus is doomed thread?

I am looking at my ancient 14-54mm mkI. I think I must be the 3rd or 4th owner and the focus ring rubber has gone to melted tar. Picking it off gingerly like  a scab but the optics and other mechanics work fine. I guess it is a bit of luck as I know others have had ribbon cable failures over the years.

All my m43 cameras and lenses have lasted despite my abuse. E-M5 mki fell out of a helicopter, down river banks, on the trail. My 12mm doesn't look so good but still works and I think got a little sharper too (recentred)!

Same with my Canon gear. My 30D is 16 years old and resides with my little brother now. It doesn't get used often but did get a good workout under my reign!

YWG's gear list:YWG's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Canon PowerShot G5 X Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow