Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 47,395
Re: Not Sony

pforsell wrote:

tbcass wrote:

pforsell wrote:

rb61 wrote:

Is there one camera manufacturer that stands out as a leader when it comes to intuitive menus?

Please ignore, if possible, stratospheric priced cameras.

Thanks

Sony is the worst imaginable. They couldn't make a bigger mess even if they tried.

Really? Ten why do I like the Sony menus? Could it be that they aren't really as bad as you say and it's merely your opinion. Have you ever even owned one of the newer Sonys or used one for an extended length of time with an open mind? I bet not. There's a lot of Sony hate out there and the Sony haters love to criticize the menu system when they really know nothing about it.

Does A7M2 or A7RM2 count?

How long did you use them? Long enough to get used to the system? I don't like using Canon or Nikon menus because I'm not used to them but that doesn't mean they are bad.

The order of things in the menus is worse than random, imho. Settings that go conceptually together are spattered around in different pages. It would require considerable work and time to make them any worse, if at all possible.

We can agree to disagree. Sony menus suit me just fine because I can customize them to my liking.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
Bob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow