What's that on the R5 front lower right?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
RDKirk Forum Pro • Posts: 15,739
Re: What's that on the R5 front lower right?

Colin46 wrote:

Desertbilly wrote:

A rubber cover for a jack?

It’s the connector for the remote release like the 5d mk4 and the 1dx series cameras.

its a push fit locking connector unlike the cheaper Headphone type plug used on lower end bodies

Having experienced both, I'd debate whether the N3 jack is superior to the headphone-type jack. The headphone jack is certainly quicker and easier to use in less-than-optimum positions.

-- hide signature --

'TANSTAAFL: The only unbreakable rule in photography.'

 RDKirk's gear list:RDKirk's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow