sigma quattro + 30mm lens - price?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 17,582
Re: sigma quattro + 30mm lens - price?

ushere wrote:

hi, am finally hanging up my cameras and retiring.

have my [Quattro] and 30mm lens, both in excellent condition, spare couple of batteries, original box, etc.,

what would be a fair price to ask for them (in australia, so aus$ figure would be good?)

thinking to advertise here and ebay, though any other ideas / thoughts most welcome.

leslie

Hello Les, been a while.

My suggestion and what I do: go to eBay.au, enter your items' description in the search field, then select the filters Oz, Used, and Sold. Reject weird prices and wacky items and take the average of what's left; compare that average with the average quality of the listed items versus the quality of your offering and decide accordingly.

In some markets, the median price can be more indicative:

https://www.realmarketreports.com/11-articles/17-median-vs-average-values-in-real-estate

To get the median price sort the prices in value order then look at the middle price(s).

-- hide signature --

There are more ways than one to skin a cat ...
Seba Smith - The Money Diggers, 1840
Ted

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD15 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow