Manufacturer with intuitive menus?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
saltydogstudios
saltydogstudios Senior Member • Posts: 2,175
Re: Manufacturer with intuitive menus?

KCook wrote:

Literally don't know the difference between the 1 position and the 2 position. I used the camera like 3 times and gave up. Remember - I just bought it for the lens.

But good to know - keep it on the "1" position. I plan on having it around as a "second" camera to give to someone who wants to take photos while I want to have my main camera around. Other people don't find it as frustrating as I do - but then they're more likely to just hit the Menu button and poke around.

When I saw that 1 - 2 deal in the camera's manual, I thought "what a cool feature, for somebody else".

With the untimely death of my E-M5, this E-P5 is now my primary camera for street photography. I'm very happy with it for that. Aside from that bizarre switch, I find the button/wheel layout for the E-P5 suits me better than the E-M5 anyways.

I still think the main menu system, which is identical to the E-M5, is an awful mess. My new Panny G85 is a real improvement in that area.

Kelly

Yeah - front and rear dials. PASM. The "quick menu" or whatever they call it is decent at getting you to the most important settings.

Frikkin clever technology man. Why do people have to try to do clever things like Mode 1 and Mode 2?

-- hide signature --
 saltydogstudios's gear list:saltydogstudios's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp3 Quattro Nikon D7000 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
Bob
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow