Eizo Displays

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
OP davidevans1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,745
Re: Eizo Displays

sounfanz wrote:

davidedric wrote:

I'm no expert either, but with seemingly similar requirements, including mostly non-photographic use, I can tell you what I decided a couple of years ago.

First decision, 4K or not. I thought about it, and decided that I would get minimum benefit from 4K, so decided to stay with 1920 x 1200. In general, 4K seems to put more performance stress on a system, and even now not all software can manage to get the fonts right.

I did a lot of reading around, and EIZO really did seem to have the best all round reviews. I looked at the choice of CG or CS, but I'm not concerned about absolutely exact colour matching, so for me the price performance took me to the CS range.

In the end, I got the CS 2420, because 24" gives me sufficient real estate for what I do.

Anyway, I have been, and am, very pleased with the monitor. If I were buying again (hopefully not for a year or two!), EIZO would be my first port of call.

Dave

Did you buy a Calibrator at time of purchase?

I researched the Eizo CS range too, and would prefer a 24" which steers me toward the CS2420 too.

Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but it's either the CS2420 or even the CG2420 if I can find extra funds.

And I intend to buy a Calibrator (i1Display Pro) with whatever of the 2 I go with.

Yes I've got an iDisplay also (not sure which model, it sais EODIS3-XR) already. I ordered the CS2731 yesterday, seems like a comparatively good price in the UK at the moment with a couple of Eizo dealers selling with an £80 discount.

-- hide signature --

David

davidevans1's gear list:davidevans1's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow