How is the A9 Mk II under heavy loads (heat)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
brianric Veteran Member • Posts: 8,878
How is the A9 Mk II under heavy loads (heat)

As I approach the latter part of my life I'm thinking of switching systems. I'm presently shooting Olympus. I am a volunteer photographer for six major charities and a Christian grammar school sports and event photographer.

My main concern with the A9 Mk II is overheating. My biggest shoot is the American Cancer Society Philly Bike-a-thon. I'm the endpoint photographer with 3,400 bicycle rides. Last year while using an Olympus E-MiX I shot over 23,000 pictures in six hours and the E-M1X handled the job without overheating. In your opinion is the A9 Mk II capable of doing that. It is my plan to shoot on the electronic shutter.

I'm 70 years old, fighting Parkinson and type 2 diabetes. I have A-Fib and may have had a silent heart attack last month. I'm a recovering alcoholic going on 20 years sobriety. Since I'm approaching the end of life I'm going out with a bang. I have an A6400 and love how the camera focuses. The rest of the camera sucks, but it's my go-to camera when shooting at the school's Christmas concerts. I've never seen such a focussing system and I heard A9 Mk II is better.

In addition to heat issues, feel free to give me the pros and cons of the A9 Mk II. I plan on being on the electronic shutter as much as possible. I plan on unloading all my Olympus gear and go Sony. Thanks in advance for any advice.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony a6400 Sony a9 II +5 more
Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow